Saturday, March 12, 2011

just keep swimming

I wonder every single day if everyone else argues with themselves inside their heads as much as I do.  Do you?

We all pretend we're so normal while trying to cram blue-books-worth of knowledge in among the song lyrics and mean girls quotes and made up arguments that you sometimes can't remember were made up.

I'm tired.  I'm frustrated.  I have a lot of excuses for both of these things, but none of them matter.  We're all tired.  We're all frustrated.  And letting that be the only thing we can think about is not helping any of us. 

I was lecturing myself last yesterday (do you ever do that, either?), reminding myself how, contrary to how I would like to think, I don't have everything figured out.  I don't know any more than anyone else.  We're all stumbling along, trying to live, figuring things out at the same time, making messes.  No one needs to be taking shit from anyone else.  We're all doing our best.

I'm sorry that I pretend to have everything figured out.  I don't.  Remind me to admit that every once in a while.

It's spring.  Spring is new, fresh, rebirth, life.  Spring is the reminder of why we even bother getting through the winter each year.  Spring is the whisper of what's to come.

We're all going to get through it.  And we're all going to be ok.

Also, I made a tumblr because I'm a conformist.  Don't worry, though; this is still my first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment