Monday, May 4, 2009

On a Great High Priest, Whose Name is Love

Well, you see, life never turns out quite so exactly as we'd like to plan. God is amazing, and He has these plans that are a smidge bigger than ours. There are just so many things He is doing, and we are short sighted. In the end, we are often left in heartbreak, in desolation, in confusion, because everything that we have so carefully planned for is shattered.

Then what do we have left to hold on to?

Nothing.

Except for God. He is so huge, there is no place we could possibly be where He is not. Even when we burrow as deeply and desperately as we can within ourselves, still He is there; always surrounding us, always within us. Oh, what hope this lends to life.

Praise the Lord, O my soul,
that God is faithful,
that God is good,
that God is just,
that God is merciful,
that God is gracious,
that God is all-powerful,
that God is in control, and most importantly
that God is love.
Thanks be to God.

Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands;
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb,
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace.

One in Himself, I cannot die;
My soul is purchased with His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in your patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."
2 Corinthians 1:3-7

No comments:

Post a Comment