Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On Free verse

I was sitting in Starbucks this afternoon, writing poetry of all things, watching the sun break through the clouds at points, just so utterly filled up with joy.

God has been good. He has provided so much for me this year, through unbelievable friendships, fulfilling times of worship and growth, and a desperate desire to dive into the Word. I am so excited for what my life has in store for the rest of this quarter, this summer, next year.

I haven't had this feeling for a really long time; I can't remember the last time hope and joy coincided. And it's lovely.

I could just sit curled in this papasan chair and revel in the fullness that seems to have grabbed me.

"No fear in life... This is the power of Christ in me."

And now the song that's been running beautifully through my head since yesterday morning at chapel:

If to distant lands I scatter,
If I sail to furthest seas,
Would you find and firm and gather
'Til I only dwell in Thee?

If I flee from greenest pastures
Would you leave to look for me?
Forfeit glory to come after
'Til I only dwell in Thee.

If my heart has one ambition,
If my soul one goal to seek,
This my solitary vision:
That I only dwell in Thee.
'Til I only dwell in Thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment