Monday, March 2, 2009

On My Blog

It's March. Which means, I find myself about 1 week into Lent. And therefore without Facebook. With a multitude of time on my hands, and no where to spill my seemingly unending thoughts, we find ourselves here.

But no, I've been thinking about making a blog for a little time now. Just somewhere to write. To get out those ideas that sometimes grip me in the middle of the day, or night, or in the midst of a lecture, or anytime really.

So, here I sit. It is beautiful outside. This is spring, right now, today. Sure, it may snow again tomorrow, but for right now, throw on some flip-flops, cast aside any semblance of a jacket, and go bask in the sun.

I'm sitting at my desk, staring out the window in between sentences. Just a warning to the masses: if you're walking into Hill Hall, I can see you. Yes, creepy, I know. But you guys make me smile. So much. Example: Taylor just walked by, up the path to the boys' side, crazy bushy red curls pulled back in a pony tail, walking the slightest bit gingerly because he has no shoes on. And I smile.

"You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
I am the Lord."
-Leviticus 19:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment