Monday, March 23, 2009

On Chilling

Spring break leads to a lot of listening to music, watching Lost, writing (a play), and playing the piano. If it was sunny, it would also entail walks to the beach, but the rain is a bit deterring.

I'm trying to write an outline for my play that will be written during April (or that's the terrifying prospect), and I realize that I never write anything with a purpose in mind. Besides that of getting the characters out of my head so that they'll stop being so pestersome (a word? Maybe not...). Victor was talking to me about this last night before church? "Like, what's your message? What are you trying to say?" I don't know. I don't ever know...

Lately (and by lately I mean the past two days), I've been playing the same song over and over again on the piano. It's a modern hymn called Speak, O Lord. It's pretty much the most awesome thing ever. Lyrics, ready go:

"Speak, O Lord, as we come to you,

To receive the food of your holy Word.
Take your truth, plant it deep in us;

Shape and fashion us in your likeness,
That the light of Christ might be seen today
In our acts of love and our deeds of faith.
Speak, O Lord, and fulfil in us all your purposes for your glory.

Teach us, Lord, full obedience,

Holy reverence, true humility.
Test our thoughts and our attitudes

In the radiance of your purity.
Cause our faith to rise, cause our eyes to see
You majestic love and authority.
Words of pow'r that can never fail- let their truth prevail over unbelief.

Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds;

Help us grasp the heights of your plans for us-
Truths unchanged from the dawn of time

That will echo down through eternity.
And by grace we'll stand on your promises;
And by faith we'll walk as you walk with us.
Speak, O Lord, 'til your church is built, and the earth is filled with your glory."

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment