Friday, March 6, 2009

On Friday Thoughts

Today I became one of those SPU kids: I walked down to check my mail barefoot. I couldn't help it: the sun enticed me. And it was beautiful. It always feels like summer to me when I'm outside without shoes on. I love to walk barefoot, no matter if it's on grass, sand, concrete, the carpeted halls on my high school, the gravel path beside my house. Somehow, being barefoot just makes those walking experiences that much better. I don't know: it almost makes me feel more grounded, part of my body is actually in contact with the world.

This weekend might be ridiculously swamped with the projects I have put off for too long, but it's beautiful, and God is great.

A huge tour group just passed below my window. SPU Friday, that's why Gwinn was so good this afternoon. Speaking of Gwinn... ok, so Ali and I were just chilling at one of the round tables, eating lunch, and then this kid comes a sits a table away from us. His lunch consisted of: a bowl of lucky charms, a mug of hot chocolate, and about seven chocolate chip cookies, which he proceded to dunk in his cocoa before eating. I wanted to be his best friend. Watching people in Gwinn is almost always extremely entertaining.

This week has been challening inside my own head. I struggle so much with trying not to complain about everything that irritates me. Because so much really is going right. I'm scared that all I ever talk about is the negatives. This week has been wonderful. God has provided.
Monday: Small group
Tuesday: Chapel
Wednesday: Group
Thursday: (awkward) worship night, and jam time afterwards
Today: Communion, and breakfast with people I love
It's been a fulfilling week, full of the Word, and God's grace displayed through the evident love the people around me really have for each other. The sun has not sucked, also.

"Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord. How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart."
-Pslam 36:5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment