Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On Iona


Sometimes

in
all
the
rush
and
hurry
of
our
lives
we
need
so
much
just
now
and
then
to
find
an

island.

Kenneth C. Steven
grass blown grey
fields of yellow [seas]
sea glass and green stones
hiking the hermit's cell
three dog brothers
matt constantly curled up with a book
the island as therapy
red skin and aloe
ten mile days
please shut the gate
ceilidh and tom
abbey worship
cloistered shadows
gates open to gardens
puffins and echoes in fingal's cave
deb, holly, megan, misty anne, sarah, anna
O God, the journey has been so long.
I've taken every side road along the way.
I've explored all the hidden places.
As your prodigal daughter,
I've felt that I could find the way myself.
Even so, You, as loving parent, were beside me
same when my strength was gone
nurturing me when I was helpless.
And when I was exhausted
floundering
ready to give up.
You touched me with Your grace,
And I felt Your abundant love.
We walked back home together...
hand in hand.

Susan Gregg-Schroeder
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

No comments:

Post a Comment