Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Leaving Here [With You]


I get to go home tomorrow, after my one o'clock final.  Last thing to be completed of winter quarter, and then we can put all this madness behind ourselves.

Today is grey and fantastically blustery.  I want to be standing on a pier somewhere, wrapped up in peacoat, scarf, and gloves, having my hair flung about me with the strength of the wind, while staring out at the horizon with stinging eyes.

Just listened to Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand.  It's kind of an odd music mood in which I find myself.  A brilliant song. nevertheless.  Here's the music video, which has an awesome steampunk vibe.

So if you're lonely
You know I'm here waiting for you.
I'm just a cross-hair;
I'm just a shot away from you.
And if you leave here,
You leave me broken:
Shattered, I lie.
I'm just a cross-hair;
I'm just a shot, then we can die.
I know I won't be leaving here
With you.

No comments:

Post a Comment