Sunday, May 2, 2010

On Sole Holes

My socks are damp from a walk in the rain: 
My shoes have holes in the soles. 
While my jacket kept the rest of me dry,
My feet faced puddle-filled holes.

There's probably something clever
I could say about holes in our souls,
But my mind is cloudy and sleepy,
And thoughts are on other goals.

Three lamps give light to my room as I
Listen to compline on podcast:
I try to be still and quiet my soul
To make this peaceful moment last.

I can't get this rhythm to stick in my head
As I struggle to match the rhymes:
My thoughts are stayed on suffering friends
Who are all being struck with hard times.

Nick's dad is sick.  Michael's in pain.
David's exhausted and weak.
Krista is mourning.  Paul is depressed.
Where is the peace that we seek?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment