Thursday, July 7, 2011

impact

I’m constantly banging into that thick, transparent wall in between the explosion of thought and feeling and emotion and affection and the entirety of me that whirls around faster than I can follow between my ears and how it spits itself out onto the page, into an email, in pause-filled stammering sentences.  I wish, so desperately wish, that I could convey to you the depth of the things I think, feel, am at any moment.  Because the people, the dearest ones, in my life (probably you) do nothing but intensify the cacophony of chaotic colors swirling and smashing into one another in the way I see my world.  And I have yet to find a suitable outlet to show people the extent that I care, that they matter.

Because people have this way of having profound impact upon my life.  And I think that’s important and it’s something I want to share with them but I don’t know how to do that.

How do you… how do you let people know their significance?  In words that sound stale and overused and grey in scribbled ink on torn out notebook paper?  Because it’s more than that.  You can’t be put down in words.  But that doesn’t mean that you are not of immense worth to me, to the world.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best questions ever asked. And also one of the hardest to answer.

    ReplyDelete