Tuesday, May 17, 2011

good things

1:23 AM.  Sitting on the little couch in my living room, surrounded by textbooks and anthologies and manuscripts and novels and an empty mug.  I've gotten to know the hours past midnight extremely well this quarter.  There's much to be said for familiarity - I'm actually quite fond of these late nights as I sit here, tip-tap-typing away.

This quarter has been new, and fresh, and filled to the brink with so many things.  There are moments when it overflows, when sleep and class and assignments don't happen on time because it turns out that there's not enough of that.  Time, that is.  I've run into quite the kerfuffle when everything I want to do in a day does not fit onto that clock face.

These are my good things: morning pages, drinking tea, walking in the springtime rain, Jill, reading, baking banana bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and snicker doodles, dreams, deep breaths, lyrics that say, "you know, you're not the only one who has ever felt this way," uncertainty, honest and open conversation, distractions, eye contact, hugs, still being able to laugh at myself every day, Joel.

What's good in your life right now?

1 comment:

  1. kerfluffle... heh.... heh heh... hahahaha... HAHAHAHAH XD

    GOOD THINGS:
    Making good impressions on managers at business I'm applying to.
    The weather today (which is perfect) and leaving to take a scooter adventure Downtown.
    Breaking Bad Seasons 1 & 2
    Seeing Bri and Anna (Brianna?) while I'm working.
    Thoughts of Moving off campus.

    ReplyDelete