Sunday, December 6, 2009

On Finals

Ok, I'm in the library.  And don't even want to think about the fact that all of my finals are tomorrow.  Because it makes me feel like I'm going to die.  But in twenty-four hours all of this will be over, and I will be so, so, so excited and completely brain dead.  It'll be great.  And then I'll have two days of doing nothing/writing a paper.  And then home.
How quickly this quarter has gone by.  So much has happened. 
And I could not be more thankful to my God for the blessed people with whom He has surrounded me.  They are my favorites.
Lastly, I really couldn't focus in UFND on Friday: restlessness overtook my thoughts.  So I wrote this little disjointed poem.  And thought I'd share it:

Last day of class:
Heavy eyelids; restless limbs.
One paper down, one to go.
One class left, one test to take.
A three final day;
Three dearest ones on jet planes...
Home to a quiet house,
An empty room;
Don't leave me alone here, loves,
In my archaic town,
Twinkling with lights.
Nothing will ever be the same.
Each moment is ending,
Slipping through the gaps
In my fingers
Like sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment